Going Going Going

Sunday, September 21, 2014

Now I agree that if homeschoolers did everything that there was available out there for us we would NOT be at home ever! But what I don't understand is those Homeschool Mom's who do just that. They schedule something for their children to do every day of the week...and some weekends too!
   Is it their need to be on the go constantly themselves? Or do they think they are enriching their kids lives by always being on the go? I really don't know the reasons behind their thinking.
I was once close friends with a Mom like that. You know the Type A kind of Mom that was always on the go and always scheduling every minute of every day for her children. And one day the kids told me that they just wish they could stay at home at least one day and not eat out so much. They actually told my daughter she was lucky she got to eat at home with her family and not eat take out all the time.
  That Mom was so busy all the time that we eventually lost touch with one another because she was to busy. She was even to busy for friends. That was the saddest part to me. That she couldn't find time to be friends or even make new ones.
That was 15 years ago. I wonder to this day if she ever slowed down.

0 comments:

Post a Comment